The six HBP Platforms are:
- The Neuroinformatics Platform: registration, search, analysis of neuroscience data.
- The Brain Simulation Platform: reconstruction and simulation of the brain.
- The High Performance Computing Platform: computing and storage facilities to run complex simulations and analyse large data sets.
- The Medical Informatics Platform: searching of real patient data to understand similarities and differences among brain diseases.
- The Neuromorphic Computing Platform: access to computer systems that emulate brain microcircuits and apply principles similar to the way the brain learns.
- The Neurorobotics Platform: testing of virtual models of the brain by connecting them to simulated robot bodies and environments.
... More in the official press release here.
The HBP held an online release event on 30 March:
Prof. Felix Schürmann (EPFL-BBP, Geneva), Dr. Eilif Muller (EPFL-BBP, Geneva), and Prof. Idan Segev (HUJI, Jerusalem) present an overview of the mission, tools, capabilities and science of the EU Human Brain Project (HBP) Brain Simulation Platform:
A publicly accessible forum for the BSP is here:
and for community models
and for community models of hippocampus in particular